Overview, Ethos & Values
At Kingsbridge Community College we are preparing young people for a world which is significantly different to that of twenty years ago. Our young people need to participate in a diverse international society which is shaped and influenced by technology and innovation, is highly competitive and where collaboration and partnership is celebrated. We ably equip our students with knowledge, skills and confidence to thrive in this challenging environment and encourage them to continually pursue improvement. Our students are educated to be active and effective citizens who have qualifications which give them choices, and the competences to choose well. Through our taught curriculum and enrichment programme they will have developed a level of emotional and intellectual literacy which enables them to navigate an infinite range of opportunities and achieve success and satisfaction for themselves, able to live life to the full.
Our aim is to develop world class, world citizens: students with the confidence, character and capabilities to become the best they can be. To help and inspire all students to discover and develop their talents and interests to the highest standard possible and go on to lead fulfilled lives, enjoy healthy lifestyles and make a positive contribution to the lives of others. Such students lead happier lives.
- A shared culture based on the highest expectations of all members of the College community.
- The very best environment where students thrive within a wealth of inclusive, inspiring and engaging learning opportunities.
- Exceptional teaching which supports all students in developing a passion for learning.
- The very best curriculum that is effective, rich and creative in meeting the needs of all learners.
- High quality partnerships with parents, families and the community, developing strong and lasting relationships.
Through our ongoing journey we will build upon our strong foundations, achievements and aspirations and ensure that our organisation is an exceptional one, one that enables exceptional teachers to inspire and promote a deep and compelling love for learning whilst establishing clear and high expectations for every single student. Our KCC “Keystones” are at the centre of this journey.